On January 28 I’ll be sharing ideas on “Writing a Killer First Chapter” with the Redwood Writers (a Branch of the California Writers Club) in Santa Rosa.
Here are some links with more info….
• 10 Things Your Opening Chapter Should Do: A Check-List for Self-Editing
• Finding the Perfect Place to Start Your Novel
• 4 Approaches for the First Chapter of Your Novel
• How to write a murderously good mystery
For short stories:
• Short Story Structures: Several Ways Of Structuring Short Fiction
• How to write a mystery story